UK Vacation
Well, I had an awesome time over in the UK. I got to meet some really people and experience things I'd never experienced before. I spent most of my time visiting with friends and family in England, but did get the opportunity to travel to Edinburgh, Scotland.
Since I'd never been to Scotland before, this was a really cool experience. You could hear bagpipes every time you went "up the toon", or as we would say, "downtown". I got to see and explore the Edinburgh Castle as well as Hollyrood House (a palace), Mary King's Close (an underground village), and the Royal Yacht, Britannia. It was awesome! I also got the opportunity to try haggis. I'm sure it would have tasted better had I not had a good idea of what it was made from. I tried to figure out exactly what it was made from, but all anyone would tell me is "it's just oatmeal and spices". It wasn't until after I tried it I was told it was made from the insides of sheep (there's nothing like eating a sheep's heart, lungs, liver etc.). What surprised me was that they actually had vegetarian haggis (go figure)!

Another cool thing that happened while I was in England was being there for when my cousin's son was born. I don't think I've seen such a tiny human before!!! He was so adorable! He had a mountain of hair on his head. One of the mid-wives actually said he looked like he was wearing a wig! Everyone said you could definitely tell he was one of the family. We went to see him when he was only a day old. My aunt held his hand and he let out an almighty noise from his diaper. "You're definitely like your grandad," she said. Unfortunately, all I really witnessed him doing was sleeping and crying.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home