Am I Engladian or Canenglish?

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy 2007!


Well, Christmas is over and another new year has begun. I'm personally hoping that 2007 is luckier than 2006! I can't believe that we had no snow this year for Christmas! This is the first Christmas since we've lived in Canada that we've had a green Christmas...it's really quite depressing! Looking out of the window, anyone could easily think it was April. There is next to no snow on the ground and the grass is that greenish brown colour.
I managed to keep busy over the hoilday. I had a couple of girls spending Christmas with us...their poor mom had to work nights! It was fun being able to spend some time with the girls over Christmas. It brought back some of that magic you often lose as an adult.
I got lots of cool stuff for Christmas. I got a couple of DVD's, some books, some stickers, cookware, chocolate, a candle, some booze, a mug, and a gift certificate. But, my most favourite things had to be my printer, and school pictures. I got a school picture of each of the girls that I look after frequently as well as a school picture of Jeremy (taken less than a week before he passed away). My mom put it in the middle frame of a three framed frame. On the left side is his hand print that I made with him in 2005 and on the right side is the words to "God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On You" by Alabama. This song always makes me think of Jeremy.
I spent a quiet New Years Eve at home with my parents and my friend, Tammy. We played board games most of the night and celebrated the new year at midnight. Just after midnight I went out on to our porch and yelled "Happy New Year!" to anyone and everyone who may have been listening. It turned out to be quite a nice evening.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:32 p.m., Blogger Manda said…

    No snow? Are you kidding. Weird weather. I apparently live far enough north to be lucky enough to be living in a severe blizzard warning zone. Yup starting tonight and into tommorrow. Worst blizzard in 10 years in this region followed by -30 temperatures not including the wind chill~icky!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home