March Madness
Eye candy anyone? Allow me to provide you with a drool bucket!!!
March has been a crazy month. I've had two colds this month, I supervised a youth sleepover...with the help of a trusty friend, went to see a retired NHL players hockey game, and went to Rama to see a Brad Paisley concert.
The youth sleepover was a lot of fun...but very exhausting! I felt like a zombie all day Saturday. It seemed to use all of my energy just to move. I thought about taking a nap, but I was too tired to go to bed!! We got the kids into bed about 11pm Friday, but I was still awake at 1am. The church makes some strange noises at night. It had sounded as if someone was walking around upstairs, and then I heard fire crackers going of outside. So Tammy and I went to investigate. We couldn't see anyone outside and there was definitely no one upstairs. So, satisfied that nothing was out of the ordinary, we went back downstairs to bed. I have to admit that I did not sleep very well. I was also surprised that I was the first one up at 8am! I figured the kids would be up way before that. I woke up because I was freezing. I shivered all the way upstairs to crank up the heat. Of course once I was out of bed I had to use the bathroom. The kids were starting to stir as I came out of the bathroom.
The retired NHL players game was more like a play than anything. They were playing against the Muskoka law enforcement team. The NHL players were showing off, throwing water at the other team, smearing whipped cream in the face of one of the other teams player's face, etc.. Half way through the first period the teams switched goalies. That didn't last long since the NHL goalie scored purposely on his own net. The second period turned out to be a skills competition. One of the law enforcement players broke his stick trying to hit targets, so he pulled out this skeet gun thing and shot the targets with that. I guess it kept the kids entertained, but I would have rather just watched a hockey game
Brad Pai
sley, for those of you who don't know or couldn't figure it out by the photo, is a country singer. He has some very entertaining songs. And he aint bad to look at either!! Some of my favourite songs by him are, "He Didn't Have To Be", "Me Neither", "A Little Mud On The Tires", and "Find Yourself". He did sing this one song at the concert that I thought was funny. It is about a country boy who really likes this girl and he tries some very creative ways to become more intimate with her. The song, I think, is called "I Wanna Check You For Ticks". He also started to sing the Canadian national anthem, got as far as "O Canada", and then didn't know how the rest of the anthem went, so we sang it to him instead....darn Americans! One thing that happened at
the concert that I'm not 100% sure that I liked was all the vidoes he had playing in the background on the big screen. I certainly see why he did it...it gives the audience something else to focus on, but I felt it took too much attention away from him. Although he was more often than not in the videos, or he had created them himself using animation. The people that got to stand right in front of the stage were really lucky. Some of them got autographs from him, many of them got one of his guitar picks, plus they got to see him up close and personal! I was wishing I could have been up there too! Oh well, it was fun all the same.
I've decided that Brad must have a funny sense of humour because he has just had a little baby boy and named him William Huckleberry Paisley. When I hear the name Huckleberry I think of an animated blue dog. Huckleberry Hound ring any bells?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home